It may have just snowed (and snowed and snowed) but prom season is right around the corner. And each year, thousands of high school students ask each other to the prom with the hopes of it being the perfect night. And what better way to kick off the festivities than making the best PROMPOSAL ever.
For those of you that don’t know what is a ‘promposal’, it is the official name for the elaborate act of asking someone to be your date (either to ask a boy or a girl …. or both) to prom. As you can see here and here - some people really go above and beyond to ask their potential date out.
In my mind, promposals are the best way to ensure your dream date says ‘yes’ to the big night. Some can be cute, some make it to youtube, and some simply make your dream date stop in their tracks and say yes. So now let’s go through some on the most important things to remember when putting a promposal plan together:
- Make it relatable - find something they like and tailor the proposal towards that.. in this case, Pizza!
- Make it funny - the best way to break the ice is to make them laugh and make them feel comfortable when you ask them out.
- Include their friends - what better way to show them you care than to involve the people they love.
- Include their favorite food - no one will say no to a box of donuts and a pair of slides.
- Last but not least… surprise them- some people want it to be private, some people want it to be public, but either way make sure you catch them off guard and make them feel special.
We are huge fans of promposals and customizing a pair for your date (fingers crossed) on our site. And what better footwear to put on after dancing all night.
We are running a 50% discount for anyone creating a pair of Promposal Slides - contact our customer service team with design ideas and details.